Tuesday, January 1, 2019

All Good Things Must End

Happy and Sad New Years.

In 2004, I found my niche.
I had always wanted to figure out how Sporadic Es worked. Most of what I was hearing seemed to me to be a bit of "Witch-Doctor" science.
My Math background led me to believe that numbers would lead me to some good conclusions.
PropNET was the answer.

I spent 15 years looking at the phenomena (since 2004) and pretty well know what Sporadic Es do.  I still believe Sporadic was horrible term to give it.  It gives it a bad rap.  In low Sunspot years there was nothing sporadic about them.  They were consistant and predictable.

PropNET helped me achieve my wish to measure and analyze. It provided enough data that I could produce "Lines" of best fit and an accurate regression analysis.  I know when it forms and what it does during the day.

Sadly, not many people read it or understood it.  Most still believe in the "Witch Doctor" science.
So be it.

PropNET ended December 31, 2018.
The last day was filled with sadness, but happy that in the last hours openings happened enough to say "Thank You".

Final 24 Hours 12/31/2018


I am happy to have contributed Blogs, Papers and Presentations and hope a few of you dug what I was trying to share with you.
I did this for the love and curiosity in this hobby. I didn't make a dime (had to pay registration at the 2011 Central States VHF Society Conference despite a Paper and Presentation) 😏. Just happy sharing with everyone.

Thank you Ev, Ron, Jeff, Jack and Dave for your efforts..... a few I failed to recognize.
I am sorry to have been a pain the ass from time to time. 
Also, the few hundred that put out a signal over the years so I could capture, report and analyze.  I figure a little over 100,000 captures I had in the 15 years.

So now I plan to enjoy this hobby the best I can and do other things more useless, but more satisfying for me.

73 Wishing you all a prosperous Happy New Years and lots of DX
Art Jackson KA5DWI/7


No comments: